Not sure if there'll be any interest in this, but I was bored. I skipped the ones that weren't in English, and the instrumentals (obviously).Step 1. Put your playlist on random.
Step 2. Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3. Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly. NO GOOGLING.
1. I need love, love, to ease my mind / I need to find, find, someone to call mine. 2. I sing it one last time for you / then I really have to go. 3. Lord, make me an instrument of your peace / where there is hatred let me sow love. 4. Why are there so many songs about rainbows? 5. Wake up kids, we've got the dreamer's disease.
6. I tremble. They're gonna eat me alive.
7. I hurt myself today / to see if I still feel. 8. Hello darkness my old friend / I've come to talk with you again. 9. Words like violence / break the silence. 10. Pressure, pushing down on me, pressing down on you. 11. Alabama, Arkansas, I do love my ma and pa, / not the way that I do love you. 12. Oh, the year was 1778, how I wish I was in Sherbrooke now. 13. I saw the light on the night that I passed by her window.
14. Oh, better far to live and die under the brave black flag I fly / than play a sanctimonious part, with a pirate head and a pirate heart.
15. Do I attract you, do I repulse you with my queasy smile?
16. Hand me down my walking cane, hand me down my hat.
17. Your day breaks, you mind aches, you find that all her words of kindness linger on when she no longer needs you.
18. I did my best to notice, when the call came down the line.
19. Far away, this ship is taking me far away / far away from the memories, of the people who care if I live or die.
20. Stars shining bright above you / night breezes seem to whisper I love you.
21. When I'm with you, my heart sings / all the joy and everything washes over and cleans me 'til I'm shining.
22. Jesus hangs behind a glass above venetian doors.
23. Fe-fe-fi-fi-fo-fo-fum, looking mighty nice, here she comes.
24. I am just a poor boy though my story's seldom told / I have squandered my existence for a pocket full of mumbles, such are promises.
25. A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes.